One of my things is cooking new foods. I have been learning how to make double layer cakes, and most recently, I tried to make stuffed clams. The kids wanted to keep the clams as pets, but I nixed that idea and cooked the clams. Two days later, they were still talking about what their clams would have been named.
In addition to my culinary adventures, we have been quite busy in our house. Dylan moved up another rank in Tae Kwon Do to "Cammo Decided." I think he is almost halfway to his black belt! He also went on a great field trip this week called "Earthworks." The kids learn about science and nature, and each child gets to play a different role within the facility. He was a botanist, and really enjoyed the day. I wish I had pictures of that, but they only allowed a few parents to go on the field trip.
Speaking of cute animals, I was working from home the other day, and I kept hearing this tapping noise. I couldn't figure out what it was, and it was driving me crazy! Finally, I discovered this sweet little robin tapping on the back of my sliding glass door. I thought it was so sweet!
Lauren and her girl scout troop went to see "Beauty and the Beast" last weekend. It was fun to watch her enjoy the show and appreciate theater. Just don't ask her to sing or perform in front of you. She has made it clear to me that she is ONLY interested in being a spectator!
She also lost both of her front top teeth. There's something so hard for me about that - it's like she has really moved on from being a little girl and now she is a BIG GIRL. It makes me sad, and yet so happy because she is so adorable.
We are headed to Florida for Spring Break. I am so excited to get away from Kansas. We will be spending a couple of days in Orlando at Disney World, and then spending the rest of the time in Jupiter with Joe's parents. I know we will have a blast!
No comments:
Post a Comment