Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Much Needed Vacation Day

Our family has not had one full day together in months! My grad school schedule, the work I do for my dad (which I know is lackluster, sorry Dad), Joe's job, and Joe's second job do not afford us much time in the same room. My early morning client didn't show up today, and although I growled and was frustrated that I dragged myself out of bed for nothing, I had the rare opportunity to come home at 10AM and hang out with everyone. Normally, Wednesdays are 14 hour days for me, so this is beyond luxury. We took the kids to lunch and then we went to see "Fred Claus." Vince Vaughan is funny but looks like he has been partying a little too hard. He had double bags under his eyes. Double bags!!

Tomorrow is a bittersweet Thanksgiving because we can't go to St. Louis like we originally planned. My sweet, precious Great Aunt Dell died last week at the age of 94 and the funeral is Friday. It's hard to mess up holiday schedules like this, but Aunt Dell deserves it. She was an awesome person who loved to laugh, she loved me and she loved her Peppermint Schnapps on Christmas Eve. I've never heard a better laugh than her Schnapps-laden giggle.

Tonight we are having hot chocolate (Joe and I have spiked ours with Peppermint Schnapps in honor of Aunt Dell) and watching "Jurassic Park. The kids laugh hysterically every time Samuel L. Jackson says, "Hold on to your butts."

In case you were curious, I'm really am holding on to my butt. I'm thankful for you!

No comments: