Here's why:
1. Lauren and I had a slumber party last night because Joe and Dylan were at the Boy Scout Lock In. Since 7:00 last night, I have seen "High School Musical 2" FOUR TIMES. By the fourth showing, I actually found Zac Efron kind of cute (he does this thing where he slides a basketball down his back and continues to dance with it to upbeat music, you should see it). I felt kind of like Michael Keaton in "Mr. Mom." Or a little like Mary Kay LeTourneau.
"I'm losing it. Lauren and I are watching the same shows.
1. Lauren and I had a slumber party last night because Joe and Dylan were at the Boy Scout Lock In. Since 7:00 last night, I have seen "High School Musical 2" FOUR TIMES. By the fourth showing, I actually found Zac Efron kind of cute (he does this thing where he slides a basketball down his back and continues to dance with it to upbeat music, you should see it). I felt kind of like Michael Keaton in "Mr. Mom." Or a little like Mary Kay LeTourneau.
"I'm losing it. Lauren and I are watching the same shows.
AND I'M LIKIN' EM!"
2. I had a client at noon, and afterwards we went to The Great Mall of The Great Plains (Joe calls it the Mediocre Mall of the Great Plains). This mall does not do the business that it was hoping it would and a ton of its stores are closing (I know I am personifying the Mall, but we feel kind of sorry for it because it's sort of the loser child of Malls). There is this AWESOME store there called "Enchanted Gifts." I think everyone who works at the Renaissance Festival shops there. They have swords, numchuks, brass knuckles, knives, lots of pictures with sparkly unicorns, dragon statues, tarot cards, and dare I say, the BEST incense in the world. I love incense, so anytime I can find quality stuff I'm thrilled.
Well, we got there and the store was gone. My heart dropped! This mall is set up like a huge square, so I complained and whined all the way around the huge square that my most favorite incense store was gone. I inspected the incense at "Earth Traders," and it just wasn't the same. I crumpled my nose in disgust and walked out.
We had just rounded the last corner and I said, "Well, this was a bust." At that moment, we crested the carpeted mall ramp hill and it was like we'd discovered Excalibur! ENCHANTED GIFTS HAD MOVED! AND EXPANDED!!
Yes, the Enchanted Gifts store seems to be the only store in the entire Mediocre Mall that is doing really well. Apparently there are more people out there who need incense, swords and sparkly unicorns than I thought.
I picked out 40 of my favorite incense flavors (20 for $2.00) and a huge box of Nag Champa. I gushed the entire time to the ponytailed owner about how excited I was that he was not only still open, but doing really well. I think he was like, "OK Lady, I get it. You like incense." Geez!
The Nag Champa is burning brightly and I am smiling!
2. I had a client at noon, and afterwards we went to The Great Mall of The Great Plains (Joe calls it the Mediocre Mall of the Great Plains). This mall does not do the business that it was hoping it would and a ton of its stores are closing (I know I am personifying the Mall, but we feel kind of sorry for it because it's sort of the loser child of Malls). There is this AWESOME store there called "Enchanted Gifts." I think everyone who works at the Renaissance Festival shops there. They have swords, numchuks, brass knuckles, knives, lots of pictures with sparkly unicorns, dragon statues, tarot cards, and dare I say, the BEST incense in the world. I love incense, so anytime I can find quality stuff I'm thrilled.
Well, we got there and the store was gone. My heart dropped! This mall is set up like a huge square, so I complained and whined all the way around the huge square that my most favorite incense store was gone. I inspected the incense at "Earth Traders," and it just wasn't the same. I crumpled my nose in disgust and walked out.
We had just rounded the last corner and I said, "Well, this was a bust." At that moment, we crested the carpeted mall ramp hill and it was like we'd discovered Excalibur! ENCHANTED GIFTS HAD MOVED! AND EXPANDED!!
Yes, the Enchanted Gifts store seems to be the only store in the entire Mediocre Mall that is doing really well. Apparently there are more people out there who need incense, swords and sparkly unicorns than I thought.
I picked out 40 of my favorite incense flavors (20 for $2.00) and a huge box of Nag Champa. I gushed the entire time to the ponytailed owner about how excited I was that he was not only still open, but doing really well. I think he was like, "OK Lady, I get it. You like incense." Geez!
The Nag Champa is burning brightly and I am smiling!
No comments:
Post a Comment