We have been busy bees around here.
I had the pleasure of volunteering at Lauren's Valentine party last week. I thought it would be fun to have the kids spell the words "Valentine's Day!" by giving them each a letter and having them arrange themselves in the order of the words. Well, I was hurrying because we were running out of time and arranged the kids so it was backwards. It looked like "SENITENLAV YAD." I realized this and quickly rearranged them so it would not look backwards. In my haste, all I did was rearrange them the same way, just facing a different direction. So Happy SENITENLAV YAD it was. My brain just does not work well under pressure!
Joe and Dylan have been really busy with Boy Scouts lately. Last Friday, we all went to the Blue and Gold banquet. Joe got up on stage and presented awards to his boy scouts. He looks so handsome in his uniform, and it makes me laugh because Mr. Anti-Establishment is that much closer to becoming The Man.
We kept the kids up a little late on Wednesday so they could see the Lunar Eclipse. Dylan was very prepared by pulling his baseball socks up as far as they could go on his legs so they would not get cold. Eclipses are cool, but I have to admit seeing that red moon was eerie. I kept hearing devily-Omen-type music in my head.
It had to happen sooner or later! Dylan has also been posting other types of signs. He is apparently running for "House President" and displaying his campaign materials all over the place. He was also kind enough to leave me a note on my computer that read "Bossy Mom."
How sweet.
1 comment:
They're growing up so fast -- sounds like they are keeping both you & Joe YOUNG ;) Miss you guys -- when do you get done w/school? We need a game night -- you guys let us know when you're free & we'll plan around it.
P.S. I tried to comment on some o' your other highly entertaining entries, but didn't realize I had to sign up on google. I'm showing my age -- & my technical illiteracy! I need kids to keep ME young!!
Post a Comment