Thursday, August 7, 2008

Restaurants are making me mad

Everywhere you go, restaurants have a large TV in every corner. Why is this? What happened to days when there was MAYBE one, small 19 inch TV behind the bar?

I tried to take Dylan to lunch at a local pizza place today. I thought it could be a great time for us to catch up and talk, just the 2 of us. I'm already fighting the talking battle uphill because he's a boy and "Great" and "I don't know" are usually the extent of his conversations with me.

We get to the restaurant, find our seats and, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... he's hypnotized by the TV. I could have moved him to another seat in the restaurant, but noooo. There was a TV everywhere you turned. I was so mad, I should have left.

I have no idea why restaurants insist on doing this, unless they are trying to reduce noise volume in their facilities by putting their patrons in a trance.

No comments: