You probably remember Dylan's high dive fall and ER visit on May 30, the beginning of summer vacation. Tonight is the end of summer vacation, and we bookended the break in true Thompson fashion.
After a day at the pool, we headed over to the school for the Ice Cream Social. They had a fire engine spraying water, moonwalks, ice cream (obviously), games and hair painting. Lauren decided to take her shoes off after playing in the water and subsequently stepped on a nail. Granted, it was a nail that came off a Pinewood Derby wheel, but it hurt and she was really upset.
We decided to take her to Urgent Care because she hadn't had a tetanus shot that I was aware of. The doctor examines her and says, "I'm most concerned about foreign body contamination." I'm thinking, "WHAT? WHAT IS THAT?" Then I stop myself and translate from doctor language to human language... he was worried that part of the nail had broken off in her foot. Ok, fine, off to the x-ray we go.
After ruling out foreign body contamination, the doctor said we could check out. I asked him, "Well, doesn't she need a tetanus shot?" He said, "She's had all her vaccinations, so no. The tetanus vaccination came when she had her D-TAP." D-TAP? Hmm. That sounds familiar.
The DIP TET. How many freaking times have I seen "Raising Arizona" and joked about my kids getting their DIP TETS at the doctor???? "They've gotta have their dip-tets, honey!"
I'm glad Lauren's okay. It's just so incredibly poetic that we started the summer vacation with an injury and ended with another.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment