Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Julie Andrews makes everything better.

I'm not gonna lie. I am struggling with my post-grad school transition. I feel like part of me is still stuck in stay at home mom mode and part of me is in this new, weird role of wannabe working mom, and part of me wishes I were still in school with my friends who know me so well.

These feelings came up a lot this week because Lauren has been sick and I've been home with her. One part of me is thrilled that I get to be flexible enough to care for her in her illness, and the other part of me is FREAKING out because I still have no clients. I started to feel really awful and stressed out this afternoon, and I needed a remedy.

We watched "The Sound of Music." This movie inspires me - probably because I've watched it since I was a little kid and it means so much to me. It helps me believe that I can do anything. It helps me believe that SOMEDAY everything I've been through (and everything my family has been through) will make sense.

I give you... Julie at her finest!



I am kicking my heels and carrying my bag to the gate to see what awaits me!

No comments: