Monday, August 4, 2008

Last week of summer!

I'm always amazed at how quickly summer flies by. I always think, "Wow. What are we going to do for 10 weeks?" And then, SNAP! Summer is over. Between the baseball, karate, tennis, scouts, lake vacation and going to the pool, we were pretty busy and we had a lot of fun.

Last week we went to the Lake of the Ozarks for a much needed family vacation. We rented a great house, which was very relaxing. We hung out at our dock, swam, rode waverunners, toured a cave, rode bumper boats and ate a lot. Like a whole lot. Some highlights:


As a side note, I found an office. It is a very nice place right next to the kids' school. I am really excited to get started. I'm also terrified to get started. Here are some pics of the office:


My dear friend Kristin from Virginia showed up on my doorstep on Friday morning. Apparently, she and Joe had been planning a surprise visit for quite some time and they both managed to keep me completely in the dark. I was so surprised, and I realized that there are very few things in my life that surprise me anymore. I think I need more of that.

Finally, I met up with some of my classmates for a therapy book club last night. We didn't talk about the book at all, but it was so fun to see everyone and catch up. My friends Erica and LaShandra brought their beautiful babies, which was so fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy CRAP-- an office-- let me know when you open and I'll start referring people your way, sister. I am so proud of the pursuit of your goals!! You are an inspiration.