I know I haven't posted in awhile. We've had a month that has been frustrating and scary... mixed with a lot of fun. In the midst of all the stuff we've had going on, I'd like to take this moment of my blogging habit reawakening to point out one very small, very important point, if only to remind myself:
I LOVE MY FAMILY!
I LOVE MY FAMILY!
NO MATTER WHAT WE DO IN LIFE, NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS TO US, WE ARE GOOD PARENTS WITH GREAT KIDS WHO ARE HAPPY AND HAVE WHAT THEY NEED!
The kids had a great Halloween. Joe and I decorated the house beyond the expectations of a normal Johnson County household. But then, we're not normal Johnson Countians! Forgive me for not having any pictures, I think I accidentally erased them. Dylan was Spiderman (with built in muscles) and Lauren was a Panther. If I can find them, I will post.
The morning after Halloween, Dylan tested for his next Taekwondo belt. He is loving the sport and doing incredibly well. Lauren is getting back into horseback riding and is SO excited about that!
This past weekend, we traveled to Cape Girardeau for Joe's cousin's wedding. We had fun seeing Joe's parents and family. For those of you who haven't had an update in awhile, Joe's dad is doing GREAT - he is using crutches now and hopes to be walking by Christmas. We never dreamed he'd have a recovery this long and this difficult, but we always knew he'd beat whatever odds they gave him.
We are looking forward to Thanksgiving, although Lauren is upset that I do not own any Thanksgiving decorations. I encouraged her to draw some pilgrims and turkeys and tape them to the front door to satisfy herself.
Joe's job is going great. The next few months should be vedddddddyyyyy interesting for him.
I finally got moved into my office and got my website up and running (http://www.karathompson.com/). The website is a basic informational one until I can afford something bigger.
I feel so lucky that I found a building with such nice people. There are several other therapists, a wonderful lawyer who represents the needs of children (http://www.yourchild1st.com/), and a non-profit that advocates for kids. I am blessed beyond belief to be in the company of such amazing people! I am hoping to find out about my exam any day now, and as soon as I know I've passed, I'm on my way. It is a strange experience to do something I love to do...so many steps in my life have been on the path of least resistance!
The kids had a great Halloween. Joe and I decorated the house beyond the expectations of a normal Johnson County household. But then, we're not normal Johnson Countians! Forgive me for not having any pictures, I think I accidentally erased them. Dylan was Spiderman (with built in muscles) and Lauren was a Panther. If I can find them, I will post.
The morning after Halloween, Dylan tested for his next Taekwondo belt. He is loving the sport and doing incredibly well. Lauren is getting back into horseback riding and is SO excited about that!
This past weekend, we traveled to Cape Girardeau for Joe's cousin's wedding. We had fun seeing Joe's parents and family. For those of you who haven't had an update in awhile, Joe's dad is doing GREAT - he is using crutches now and hopes to be walking by Christmas. We never dreamed he'd have a recovery this long and this difficult, but we always knew he'd beat whatever odds they gave him.
We are looking forward to Thanksgiving, although Lauren is upset that I do not own any Thanksgiving decorations. I encouraged her to draw some pilgrims and turkeys and tape them to the front door to satisfy herself.
Joe's job is going great. The next few months should be vedddddddyyyyy interesting for him.
I finally got moved into my office and got my website up and running (http://www.karathompson.com/). The website is a basic informational one until I can afford something bigger.
I feel so lucky that I found a building with such nice people. There are several other therapists, a wonderful lawyer who represents the needs of children (http://www.yourchild1st.com/), and a non-profit that advocates for kids. I am blessed beyond belief to be in the company of such amazing people! I am hoping to find out about my exam any day now, and as soon as I know I've passed, I'm on my way. It is a strange experience to do something I love to do...so many steps in my life have been on the path of least resistance!
1 comment:
Glad you're blogging again - I missed you. I like to stalk the Thompsons as a model for my future family ;) Awwwww.
Post a Comment